Here’s a little list about going to church. It’s a meaningful habit – sometimes driven mostly by meaning and desire; sometimes sustained by habit.
- A practice of my entire life
- Enriched by music
- Choir practice and hymns
- Challenge to be more than I think I can be
- Families together
- Babies and toddlers with Cheerios and quiet books
- Questions and answers
- Sharing celebration and adversity
- Faith and prayer
- Community and friends
- Giving strength to others
- Taking strength from others
Perhaps writing is another activity that can be a meaningful habit. When the meaning part is tired or weak, the habit part can pick up the slack and help you continue. I’m finding that this little writing time each day is helping me feel more whole.