March 6, 2017

A splitting sinus headache kept me home from work today. When medicine made it almost tolerable,

I made soup.

I made chili.

I organized the fridge.

I thought about the blessing of being home and doing what I used to do when I was a stay-at-home mom. It was restoring to me. Or should I say, a restoring of me? To take a break from work and cook to nourish my family was a deep, core experience for me today.

And, I saw a red-headed woodpecker on my tired, old maple tree!

redheaded woodpecker

1. smcninch
    Mar 06, 2017 @ 20:23:52

Ahhh, isn’t it wonderful when the world gives us just what we need at just the right time?

2. Frances A Mccrackin
    Mar 06, 2017 @ 20:34:41

I can’t help but juxtapose the old “tired” tree with the woodpecker’s red crest, to our old tired self cooking hot chili 🙂

3. sallydonnelly11
    Mar 06, 2017 @ 20:38:56

Sorry you had to have the headache to get a break. Love that you filled your day with colorful food and colorful birds!

4. Amanda Regan
    Mar 06, 2017 @ 20:41:38

What a productive day you had, even with a headache! Sounds like maybe your body was telling you it was time for a break. Hope you’re feeling better!

5. Leigh Anne
    Mar 06, 2017 @ 20:44:08

I used to be a stay-at-home mom too, before I started teaching. One of the best things I have done with my life – don’t regret a single day. Hope you are feeling better!

6. quotesphotosandwonders
    Mar 06, 2017 @ 22:11:12

Hope you are feeling better and your day of rest and restoration are just what you needed.

7. Susanne
    Mar 08, 2017 @ 05:53:05

Hope you’re feeling better. This crazy changing weather has given me a sinusy headache too.