March 6, 2018

Trying out the six-word memoir on a day that has been emotionally hard:

Walls of worry shroud my mind.

Threat of rain on the horizon.

Mama said, “This too shall pass.”

Let go of the striving mind.

Keep heart portals open to possibility.

Why does it hurt so much?

16 comments on “March 6, 2018

1. bjdonaldson says:

I’m sorry your day was emotionally draining, but I hope the poetry helped. It always does for me.

I love the way you expressed your emotions in a poem of 6-word memoirs. This is my favorite line: “Keep heart portals open to possibility.”

2. lsmith0917 says:

“Keep heart portals open to possibility.” — This was a strong line and emulated emotion. I’m sorry your day has been challenging, yet thank you for opening our hearts and minds through this slice. Thank you for sharing!

3. onathought says:

What a hard draining day. But – awesome poetry. I love 6 word memoirs, and yours are powerful. I hope tomorrow is a better day!

4. Sorry to hear that today was tough. It’s funny how mamas say that “This too shall pass.”
    Indeed, it will as tomorrow is a new day! I love your use of 6-word memoirs collectively. I’ll have to tuck this writing idea away when I pull out the 6-word memoirs again w/my Ss. We only used one! I think they will enjoy stringing some together to make more of a statement. Sending virtual hugs!

5. Sending you positive thoughts in your time of trouble. Your mom was right, “This too shall pass”
    Sometimes taking things one day at a time is all you can do. I hope tomorrow is better for you.

6. humbleswede says:

I didn’t know this was a thing. I learn new forms all the time on SOL. Sorry that the day was draining. I like what Mama said! It’s good that that is at the center of the piece.

7. I appreciate learning about this form- 6 lines with 6 words each, right?
    Did it help you to write it? I hope so.
    You move from worrying and striving to openness, but acknowledge hurt.
    Someone once spoke of worry as making yourself live through your worst fears unnecessarily.
    It sounds as if you are dealing with more than just worry. But also as if you know what to do.
    All the best.

8. Thank you for sharing. I do appreciate learning from others here. This is a new to me. Best wishes for tomorrow as you let today pass.

9. Sally Donnelly says:

Writing helps. Poetry helps. So does chatting with friends. Call if you want to chat.

• mgminer says:

Thank you, Sally! I was sorry to hear you didn’t get to go to NYC. I’m sure that was a disappointment, BUT you learned how to tag! I need to do that!