March 24, 2016

I could write about the great morning I had working with a friend in my school book room, but then you’d know that I worked over Spring Break.

I could write about Maggie’s first birthday today, but actually I won’t see her until tomorrow.

I could write about the happy lunch I had with my sister, but then I’d also have to tell you that my school computer was stolen out of my car while we enjoyed our conversation.

I could write about how nervous I was to go home and tell my husband about my computer, but I was actually blessed that he has mellowed with age. He gave a mild lecture, without the shouting of earlier years.

I could write about how deafening the voice in my head is that tells me what an idiot I am, but then I try to remember that whoever that voice is, lies. At least I hope it’s a liar. I am more than the mistakes I make.

1. linsey taylor
    Mar 24, 2016 @ 19:26:28

Thank goodness we are more than the mistakes we make. We’d be a sad bunch of people if we weren’t!

2. wakeupandwrite
    Mar 24, 2016 @ 20:53:35

Oh my, what a bummer. How did you find posting on your IPad? I don’t mind using it for commenting but it seems to screw up my posts. It really doesn’t do “poetic” form well at all.

3. franmccrackin
    Mar 24, 2016 @ 22:55:03

The person who took your computer shouldn’t have done it. It’s on them, not you.
    I do like the format of your slice- if, then…

4. alwaysgoinghome
    Mar 24, 2016 @ 23:59:52

Love the structure also…

I could….but then I….

We are definitely more than the mistakes we make!

5. Elisabeth Ellington
    Mar 26, 2016 @ 13:41:12

Love the structure here too. Some of these formats are so productive for so many writers! Sorry about the computer–that’s awful! And I would have lost my mind trying to publish a post using my iPad. I love it for consuming media but can’t stand using it to create!

6. Loralee
    Mar 26, 2016 @ 20:24:28

You are precious. Wonderfully made.

• mgminer
      Mar 26, 2016 @ 20:43:36

Thank you. I tried to comment on your blog, too, but am struggling with tech issues. I wanted to say how wonderful the power of “I love you” is. Those words can carry so many levels and varieties of meaning.