Many of us in the Mid-Atlantic are experiencing fierce winds today. It’s the first time in my memory that school was canceled due to wind. The neighbors’ trash cans are scattered across the road, and I can already hear the sound of wood chippers around the corner. There is an unusual, eerie undercurrent that can be heard as gusts gather speed. This is a time for stretching my brain with a metaphor challenge! I’d love to read/hear your metaphors for wind, too!
- The wind is a percussionist banging pots and pans on my roof.
- The wind is a tidal wave colliding with the trees.
- The wind is a bullet train heading this way.
- The wind is a lion tamer cracking his whip.
- The wind is a trainer stretching trees muscles.
- The wind is breath of giants.
- The wind is an invisible ocean.
The wind is a . . .
What is your metaphor for wind?