Time

The thing I crave the most is time.
It’s always there, but I never seem to have it.

The thing I fear the most is time.
When time is no longer structured by workdays, how will I choose what to do?

The thing I love most is time.
Time with my family or by myself.

The thing I hate the most is time.
Too early, too late, too slow, too fast.

Racing the clock and calendar,
I have learned

How powerful are the words:
“It’s time.”

1. Lisa-Beth Lovero
    Mar 06, 2020 @ 00:02:33

Time is fleeting and sometimes with my 1st grade classes endless:)

2. Suzanne Richardson
    Mar 06, 2020 @ 08:58:44

Time is a perfect lead in to my question to you. I am participating in the Slice of Life thanks to my colleague/friend Sally Donnelly. She shared links to your and other’s blogs, that she has known for sometime. Your name jumped out at me. It has been ages, but were you part of the FCPS reading cohort with Shenandoah University? We finished in 2006, and I think I know your name from that group.
    Regardless, I am enjoying your blog and posts! Sincerely, Suzanne

• mgminer
      Mar 06, 2020 @ 15:22:30

Yes, I was! I’ve been a reading teacher in North Springfield since 2008 and am retiring this year. How about you? Sally is such a good friend–maybe I will see you at her house on the 31st. That would be fun!

3. Suzanne Richardson
    Mar 06, 2020 @ 16:09:43

Congratulations on your upcoming retirement! It’s great to reconnect with someone from that cohort. I was one of the two MS teachers in the group; I am still teaching MS (6th grade reading, like Sally) but have been with APS since 2016.
    I plan on being there on the 31st! It will be great to see you šŸ™‚

4. Amanda Regan
    Mar 06, 2020 @ 18:41:08

I love all the varying perspectives of time!

5. sallydonnelly11
    Mar 08, 2020 @ 10:15:17

Lovely poem!! You say SO much in such few words!!